Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas seems......different

This Christmas was a really fun one for me. I got college tuition, which is what I needed, and even a few more things. But Christmas still seems a little different from when I was a kid, and I don't know if I like it or not.

Yesterday morning, I woke up and went downstairs to see....a bunch of little DVD shaped boxes. Now this isn't a bad thing, its just a lot different then what I remember. When I was a kid we would get remote control cars, pirate ship play sets, sports equipment and Legos stuff. But it seems like this year, all my little brothers asked for was ps3 games and DVD's. I don't really know how santa's elves make DVD's and ps3 games, so it sorta takes the magic of christmas away from me. Especially when the toys they are getting are really violent video games and movies my mom wouln't let me watch or play until I was like 15.

I'm not saying I don't like movies and video games, because I really like both of them. I'm just saying that today's kids are growing up with blue ray, ps3s and wii's instead of Lego's and matchbox cars like me.

Anyway, there was my rant. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment